Sunday, October 2, 2016

The Prudent Mariner...

After much reading and consultations, we have decided to postpone our departure.

One of the experienced cruisers I consulted told me "If time is not of the essence, the prudent mariner would consider sitting tight at Oak Harbor, which is a great hurricane hole."  Others echoed much the same recommendation.

And deep down in my heart, I knew they were right.  In matters of safety vs comfort, safety has to win every time. We'll just have to dress that much warmer on the way down! ;)

And so, we will wait and watch for developments. Worst case is that we will get delayed by a week, but perhaps by Wednesday it will be clear if the storm track has moved out to sea and we can get on our way.

No comments:

Post a Comment